Counselling Skills - Level 3 Diploma
Course available at: Walkden
The aim of the course is to offer workers in the public, private and voluntary sector the opportunity to develop a wide range of counselling skills. It also provides a progressive intermediate training for those who wish to train to become professional counsellors.
The course runs from:
13/09/12 to 20/06/13, on Thursdays 10am - 1.30pm. 11/09/12 to 18/06/2012, on Tuesdays 5-9pm.
It costs £415.
You will develop a range of core counselling skills within a person-centred approach to counselling and learn theory in relation to practice and personal development.
What you will achieve
You will achieve a Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills.
• Achieve high levels of attendance throughout the course
• Demonstrate competency and confidence in the use of core skills
• Successfully complete a range of written assignments that consider theory, practise and personal development
• Produce a practical tape recording that reflects the effective use of core skills
• Produce a personal journal that offers critical self-examination
• Have completed a Level 2 Certificate in Counselling or equivalent
• Assure tutors of aptitude and ability to undertake the course
• Be prepared to train in an experimental and interactive learning climate
• Have two professional references (one from a previous tutor)
Please complete and return an application form for this course. You will then have an interview and assessment.
A compulsory residential weekend each year is a necessary requirement. You may be eligible for financial support from the learner support fund to assist with the cost of this.